As promised, I’ve debriefed with the special ops crew over the last 10 days as soon as I published a new post about the tour of duty to visit our ground operations. Actually, some crew members caught the posts even before I had time to notify everyone via email. On point.
Here, I’m summarizing the Meet Your Makers post series for all the entire crew in case you’d like to catch up and binge on production details. I’ll start from the beginning in case any of you missed day 1 over the Thanksgiving festivities.
*Field Ops — RECON | 4 Day Sortie*
Day 1. Dials, Hands, Cases
- All systems go for first wave deployment beginning of December
- Dial, hand, and case manufacturing walk-through.
- Many people work hard to build your COURG — in these 3 areas alone, a minimum of 15 craftspeople.
Day 2. Ballistic Nylon, Leather Strap, TiGr5
- Ballistic nylon straps in full swing
- New leather mil-strap maker after safety issues and general shady-ness, pushed production back 4 weeks.
- TiGr5 prototyping
Day 3. COURG Origin Story
- Another rare glimpse: Meet the monster machines behind TiGr5
- TiGr2 shipping slated to start end of the week / early next.
- W&W x RDX Horween straps, done.
- Operator’s Manuals, almost complete.
- Crates, done.
- Mission folios, first wave in.
- Unfair advantage
Day 4. Assemblers & Horween
- Meet the assemblers
- Horween straps inspected and immediately en route
- Operator’s Manual / Mission Log on the presses
- TiGr5 pushing for pre-Christmas shipping
Hope you have a refreshing weekend, and Godspeed. elbert, over and out.